Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A GOD OF REASON - PART 1

A GOD OF REASON
I have often felt that we have always confused god with religion. Religion is the path that leads to God. Do u think we all understand this statement ? Of course we think we do . But it is very deep to be just be a statement.The meaning it implies can and has created kingdoms and brought them down to .Don't you believe me .Let me explain ....
The statement that "Religion is the path to God" clearly defines the Religion merely as a path and God as the goal. Have you ever thought about it ? Have u ever thought about it sincerely ? What would you prefer .... to be a man of truest faith in ur religion? or a man of God ? What is your aim ....Religion or God? I know it is not that a simple question. If it was , there would have not been all this bloodshed on the name of Religion and God. Here first and foremost I want to stress over the fact that I BELIEVE FIRMLY IN GOD. This faith was not inoculated to me by my parents,society or peers. This faith was earned . How ?? Well that is what i am going to share with you but before that I would want you to think a little . Ponder over some facts . First of all the biggest question is..... What do u think of god ? I know it is an awkward question . Cos u have been almost never asked your opinion about god. Have you?? No you were never asked but only TOLD. You were always told about God, his omnipotence , his omniprescence and almightyness and what did u do??? ...accept it on its face value . So much you were told not to question this most important question , that you always believed it on its face value. You have formulated you belief on borrowed knowledge . So much so that you probably might be thinking of me as an aethist. Well i can not blame you . For a few years i also thought that i was one . Untill i realised .......
" When i was a kid i was scared of things like ghosts,witches and demons .My mother seeing all this introduced me to Lord Hanuman -the most powerfull of all the hindu gods "bhoot pishaach nikat nahin awey , mahabir jab naam sunawey". So at time when other kids hardly uttered Humpty dumpty sat on a wall, I was rhyming whole of the Hanumaan Chalisa, which is by heart to me till date .The best thing that happened was... it helped .Now that I was under care and cover of my Lord Hanumaan i was afraid no more . I knew my lord was more powerfull than those evil forces so i was scared no more .But as soon i entered the adolescence i could not escape the "ORIGINAL SIN"...the sin of the fruit of knowledge . I started questioning my faith . Whenever i asked an elder, i was told that even questioning ur faith would take you away from God . But i was not convinced . If god wanted me not to question things why did he provide me with this gift of 'thought process'. I felt my God wanted me to think and find out fr myself . Wouldnt my faith get stronger if i question it and see logic in it rather than not questioning at all? So for these few years of my early adolescence i had a tormented soul ....haunted by these questions .The time when a guy is preoccupied with opposite sex and pimples, I had an additional burden of these questions.I looked everywhere fr my answers , in books , holy scriptures , in talks of the wise and the religious.Nobody convinced me. They rebuked me rather ."kutark karta hai balak". this was what i was told by a 5 star swami who was travellin in an AC bus with me . Almost everybody responded in the same way .
But one fine day I understood. I understood why I should belive and why I just not have to imagine god but belive in him . This was not because of some big gyan or satsang but from a li'll story printed in a local school magazine. It was story of a man who had this similar problem like mine " in not being able to believe in presence of God" .One day he meets a holy man and he asks him th every same question . "where is god"? "please prove to me that god exists" .So this holy man replies "ok i will answer you that but first answer me one simple question? Where in your body are you ? The man points to his heart and says here ..."Well that is where your heart is, and a few days back i read in papers that a pigs heart was transplanted in to a human. so is he less human now ?"....and like this the man pointed to his various organs and the holy man kept on saying that if he lost that part in accident where would he be ...in that part or rest of the body? So finally the man gets frustrated and replies "Well i am here somewhere and everywhere in my body but i can not tell you where. "Ah!!! my son" the holy man replied," you are very sure you exist but not where .Similar is the thing with God . U can sometimes even feel him but he is not a form you can place".
Such a simple explaination for such a complex problem . So now I had a reason to believe cos at times i had felt God ....but now I could place his existence in a way. I believe god is the positive form of life . feelings are GOD.love, brotherhood, care, concern these are all forms of god...while on the other spectrum are malice,jealousy,evil etc which forms the Absolute Zero ...the Satan. So somewhere between lie us ,the humans . The better persons we are ,closer are we to god. god is not a single form that is controlling everything.god is the soul of the world.A pat on the shoulder , a warm handshake and even a simple smile can be our little step towards him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You write so beautifully and eloquently. Keep up the good work.